Make your own free website on
.....Adopting in Almaty.....The Laura Edition......
Introducing Laura Elizabeth Murawski | Day 1 | Monday 04.30.2001 | Tuesday 05.01.2001 | Wednesday 05.02.2001 | Thursday 05.03.2001 | Friday 05.04.2001 | Saturday 05.05.2001 | Sunday 05.06.2001 | Monday 05.07.2001 | Tuesday 05.08.2001 | Wednesday 05.09.2001 | Thursday 05.10.2001 | Friday 05.11.2001 | Saturday 05.12.2001 | Sunday 05.13.2001 | Monday 05.14.2001 | Tuesday 05.15.2001 | Wednesday 05.16.2001 | Thursday 05.17.2001 | Friday 05.18.2001 | Saturday 05.19.2001 | Sunday 05.20.2001 | Adoption Links | Kazakhstan Links | Other Links | Contact Me


Saturday 05.12.2001

Day 14

Igor picked us up Saturday after 9:30 am & we went to the orphanage. Sarah ran upstairs while Suze & I followed.
Suze finally met Laura. Laura was slightly hesitant at first but within 5-10 minutes Mom & New daughter hit it off just fine!
We played for quite a while in front, walked around the building (I got muddy shoes), then hung out by the van.
Shortly thereafter we played in the van.
This visit was the longest-2 hours. We left at noon & went to the rug factory.
We bought a 3m x 4m rug for the Great Room Floor plus a 1m x 2m rug to hang over the fireplace. Paid about $100 for the large rug.
On the way to the apartment called Sheila & arranged to meet by Tsum at 2:30.
Stopped for a cumca (sumsa)& pop. This is flaky dough with meat in it. Went to the internet cafe. Couldn't email pictures since the one PC with the CD drive was in use.
Sent/read emails. Walked to Tsum & waited for Sheila.
Bought lots of souvenirs & then went to Baskin Robbins for ice cream.
While there we met an American couple with their son who the adopted form Semey. They had been in Kazakhstan for four weeks already. They are from Cleveland.
Back at the apartment Suze took a little nap.
Igor & Sheila picked us up after 7pm to go to the Old Arabat Restaurant by Tsum.
Tons & tons of food & Suze tried horsemeat.
Diners were the three of us, Sheila, Don, & Tatyana.
We left there at 9:45 and walked the two blocks to the apartment, while Tatyana took a taxi. The phone service was returned on Saturday afternoon.

Enter supporting content here